Our guest this week:
Danielle Strickland serves in The Salvation Army as an Officer – currently based in Toronto, Canada. Danielle loves Jesus and she loves people. Her aggressive compassion has loved people firsthand in countries all over the world where she has embraced, served, cared, evangelized, taught, and exhorted individuals and crowds to surrender to the boundless love of Jesus.
She loves the more fragile in communities around the world. Over the years that has led her to back alleys and late night streets to partner with Jesus in rescuing those caught up in drugs and homelessness, prostitution and despair. It has led her to the halls of government and corridors of commercial power to see laws changed and practices transformed so that people aren’t trafficked and children aren’t enslaved.
She has sought to cultivate authentic Christian community in deprived neighborhoods on the way to loving the last, the lost and the least into God’s Kingdom.
Danielle loves the Body of Christ. God is using her to help equip followers of Jesus in discipleship, holiness, justice, and evangelism by teaching, preaching, and writing.
And, Strickland loves her family – redeemed from the clutches of the enemy, generational addiction and violence, she and her husband are bringing up their children in the fear and friendship of the Lord.
Danielle’s has written:
– Just Imagine: the social justice agenda
– Challenging Evil: Dispatches from the front lines of radical justice
– The Liberating Truth: How Jesus Empowers Women
– A Beautiful Mess; How God recreates our Lives
– Boundless; living life in overflow
– The Ultimate Exodus: Finding Freedom From What Enslaves You
– Danielle is passionately committed to seeing God’s Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven, is married,
– and is the mother of three boys.